Add An Organization to the List
This website is open source, therefore anyone in the community can submit edits through pull requests. If your agency isn’t on this list, but should be, please add it:
- Log in to GitHub.
- Go to this repository and fork it (button to the top right of the page).
- In your forked version, click the branch dropdown and in the “Find or create a branch…” field, create a new branch (for example, “adding myagencyname”).
- Still in your forked version, click on the
- At the top of the file is a list of the organizations populating this page. Click edit, near the top right, and then add your organization’s GitHub account name just like the others:
- Click Commit Changes at the bottom of the page.
- Visit the original repository and select Compare & pull request.
- Fill out the form and click Send pull request!
While there are many many interesting government-related projects, we are limiting the list above to GitHub organizations with projects on GitHub, who are:
- Official government institutions, listed under their country or level of government
- Non-profits or groups focused on government, listed under “Civic Hackers”